Section 6.3 of the UA Spending Policy details the documentation required for any entertainment expenditures. Completing the Entertainment Expense Form will ensure that the following is documented in accordance with UA Policy. If you can include all required information below in the Concur Expense Report or Concur Invoice, the Entertainment Expense Form does not have to be attached.
- Identification of the person or group to be entertained, including the relationship of the persons in attendance to the particular aspects of the University program that will be benefited. This information includes titles, committee names, the field of interest of the person or group being entertained, the reason for inviting the visitor(s) to campus, and other relevant details.
- For entertainment of small groups (10 or fewer), the names of all persons attending must be shown
- For entertainment of 10 or more individuals, only the name or names of the honored guest or guests must be indicated, with the number of persons attending.
- A statement as to the reason or purpose of the entertainment, including the purpose and benefits of the program to the University must be clearly indicated and understood by anyone outside the department reviewing the voucher.
- If the function that included the entertainment is held away from the University campus, an agenda for the function must be attached.
- If entertainment includes only UA employees, an explanation as to why it had to occur at breakfast, lunch, or dinner is necessary.
- The date and place of entertainment.
As a reminder, entertainment events can include meals and refreshments at UA functions if the meals and refreshments are incidental to the meeting or training. The primary purpose of the meeting or educational/training session in which the meal or refreshments are provided or consumed shall be directly related to the business of the University.